Sunday, June 15, 2008

TAKEN!!!!!


Well the weekend was going to be an epic one. The weather was going to be phenomenal, rides with Boni, Doug, and Felix were planned. I was going to be buying a new car on Fri. I was finally going to be practical and economical. I decided to get a used Honda Accord, not only to save on gas mileage and wear and tear on the Tundra, but also to reduce my carbon footprint as much as possible. I found a great used car from a retiree in Denver. Only 71k miles, and immaculate. I took it for a test drive and everything looked great. The seller was in town for the weekend for his son's wedding. He lives in CA and CO partime. The accord was his CO car. So I offered him to use the car through the weekend for his sons wedding. He refused to take the cash, so I left with the intentions of receiving the car on Monday, no biggie!! Here is where everything fell apart. I drove the 2 blocks to Doug's house to meet up with him to go ride my first ever ride at Buff Creek. I was excited!!!!!! We were taking Doug's Element to save gas on the drive up, so I loaded my belongings into his car and off we were. We'll I didn't leave the cash (6500.00) in my truck as I didn't trust it in Doug's alley (previous problems). I figured safe in Pine, CO, right??? WRONG!!!!!! We got back from our 2.5 hr ride and someone smashed Doug's window in and took everything. When I say Everything, I mean EVERYTHING!!!!! I am still painfully compiling the list, but every CoMo kit that I owned for the past 2 years is gone, EVERY bike tool I own was in my tool bag, also GONE, wallet, cell phone, car keys, Watch, Sunglasses, Yeti Hoody, etc, etc, etc. Total so far is just over $15k, that is just what I lost!!!!! So as I am pissed at the world, I realize I will make more money, I can replace ALMOST everything that was stolen except the cash. I am more pissed about the time those ASSHOLE's took out of my life. Hours in Wells Fargo on Sat, Hrs on the phone trying to straighten my life out again. Not to mention I have never had a pleasurable experience at a DMV office, Looking forward to that enlightening event tomorrow! Also, they got to have a 1600.00 shopping spree on my credit card before I could drive back to Denver and find a phone to cancel it. So someone has a nice new something for 989.00 from Best Buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least they didn't ID me at the bar last night, because I might have ripped someones head off!!!!!!! Hope everyone else had a better weekend!!!! By the way if you see some Mexicans rolling in some CoMo kits or a Yeti Hoody, whoop their ASSES for me please!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: