Thursday, March 13, 2008

Training Camp Update


WOW, it's been a while since I have communicated to the world through the blog. I would have had this done an hour ago, but it took me that long to figure out my user name and password. Anyway, while winters death grip is slowly letting up on us in Western CO, TCTC is quickly approaching. This will be the official place for up to date info on Training Camp. Here is the latest skinny on the fat. Road riding in Grand Junction is stellar right now. Mid 50's during the day, and sunny. Roads are dry, so the miles could be endless. However, if any of you are like me, I could care less if I sit my ass on my road bike saddle for a long time to come. After all, we do race the fatter tires! So, here is my take on the Mtn scene in GJ, as told through Ryan (aka. Pudge) Schultz. Isn't it nice we have a bubba and a pudge on the same team???? Anyway, riding around Loma (Mary's) is in great shape, few muddy spots last weekend, but should be fantastic by the time we get there. 18 rd????? That's a different story. As of last weekend, 18rd wasn't even passable. You weren't even able to get to the trail head because the road was so muddy. That being said, It should be good to go by this time next week. Few showers in the forecast for this weekend, but then back sunny and 50's all next week. For those of you that are not familiar with GJ riding, it can pour there for 5 hours, and be dry and ready to ride in another hour. So as long as the ground has soaked up everything this past week, this weekends shit show shouldn't be an issue. However, just to be sure Juth, Boni, Pudge, and Myself are going to play in the rain all weekend in Fruita to do some riding. If anyone else would like to join, feel free. I can provide lodging, and the hot tub is always HOT! So there will be a full detailed report of the riding conditions on Sun night or Mon morn. Check Back. Also, I am waiting for direction from TC as to what types of rides he is planning. I will post as soon as I receive. Word to the wise, BRING BOTH BIKES (of course that is if you have 2). I got you covered Catherine! Team trailer is heading up to the mtns on Sat with me, and I will have it all set up and ready for us on Thursday. If anyone want to put anything in it before it heads up, call or email me before Sat. Yes Bubba, the beer will be cold and flowing by the time you get there, unless you show up with one of those fancy new ASR-C's!!!!!!! Oh, one more thing. About 18rd, if that doesn't open up for us, we are in search of plan B for camping. I am sure I will find something, I have some feelers out right now. Stay tuned. Hope all is well, and I sure hope everyone is getting A LOT more riding in than I am (Wouldn't take much). The end is in sight, days are getting longer, and weather is getting nicer! email me with any questions.

No comments: